He hurricane season began in June 2021, hurricanes and tropical storms could appear during this season from June to November.
Grace of the tropical storm was located 370 kilometers east of Montego Bay, Jamaica, in the early hours of Tuesday with sustained maximum winds of 65 kilometers per hour, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC). According to the latest update on Tuesday at 10:00 a.m., the tropical storm will turn into a hurricane tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m., and will reach Quintana Roo as a Category 1 hurricane during Thursday morning.
Right now, “Grace” is still one Tropical storm and is located 1,095 kilometers east-southeast of the coast of Cancun, but, in the latest update of the National Hurricane Center, would arrive as a hurricane in Quintana Roo, Governor Carlos Joaquin reported.
A hurricane is about to hit Cancun and the Riviera Maya; Cancun airport could cancel some flights due to the natural phenomenon. if you’re staying at your destination, keep this in mind:
- If you are staying in the hotel area, follow the instructions in the hotel area
- If you are in an unsafe area, you will be moved to a safer area
- Flights can be canceled. Please note if you have a flight for next Wednesday night or early Tuesday morning
- Fly before the hurricane arrives if you have a chance to do so
- As a category 1, recovery will be rapid, tourist activities can stop for a day
- Some avenues may be blocked due to falling trees
- Keep emergency cell phones
Stay tuned for upcoming updates on our social media.