5 options to enjoy the Festival of Life and Death
In Riviera Maya and around the world
We are already ca Day of the Dead and that, in Cancun and Riviera Maya, It means that the Xcaret Festival of Life and Death Traditions is approaching, but how are you going to live in this 2021?
- Face-to-face activities at Parc Xcaret
- Digital program to watch from home
- Presentations and culinary offer for guests of Hotels Xcaret
- Sub-headquarters for the local community of Platja del Carme
- Shows in the Mayan Zone of Quintana Roo
Unlike previous years, this time this event will be presented in a hybrid way, this means that we will have presentations both in person at the main headquarters that is the Xcaret Park, and digital through our social networks. We will also have events at the Hotels Xcaret, ca it is reduced to Platja del Carme and, for the first time, in Mayan Zone communities. In this post I will explain all the ways we can enjoy.
Before you start with the details of how to attend, you should know that this edition is very special for Grup Xcaret as it will be celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the Festival of Life and Death and, therefore, the guest state will be none other than the Host: Quintana Roo.
Will there be a Festival of Life and Death in Xcaret as it used to be done before?
The answer is yes and no, now I tell you. Unlike 2020, this year we will have face-to-face events in the park, however, it can be enjoyed with limited spaces and under all the preventive measures implemented by the Xcaret Group, you can read them here: 360 ° security.
If you want to attend events at Parc Xcaret, we can do it in days 30 and 31 October and 1 and 2 November and you can buy your mushrooms through ours website, calling the Contact Center, direct at the box office of the Xcaret Park, in the sales modules already through Excursion Travel.
What face-to-face activities will take place at the Festival of Life and Death?
These are some of the stellar artistic performances of theater, music and dance that you can’t miss. If you want to see the full program with a more complete description of each, what you can do here:
Complete Festival of Life and Death Traditions Program
Xcaret Events application – Google Play
App Xcaret Events – App Store
You have seven performances by national artists, three of their daughters:
- “Macarius, the Godson of the Death of B. Traven” by Ignacio López Tarso in the Open Forum.
This great star of Mexican gold cinema will accompany us to the 15th Festival praising the customs and traditions of Mexico.
- “Death comes singing” from the La Trouppe Company
- “Pantheon Party – Puppet Concert” by Governor Emmanuel Marquez Peralta y Musicalization of the Mtro. Gerardo Tamez in the La Isla Forum.
We will also have five regional artists that are well worth seeing, for example:
- “El Rezo de la Tía Salma” per la Cía. Stage Magic in the La Isla Forum.
- “The Dwarf King” by Puppets at the Treasury Hall.
We will also have the presence of seven groups representing the Mayan Zone, such as:
- “El Chiclero Fanfarrón” by the Tihosuco Jotsuu’k Group and the Esplanade Forum.
- “Stories of Hanal Pixan” by Kantunilkin’s IlusiónArte Group at the Esplanade Forum.
And you can’t definitely fold the seven presentations from our home artists. Some of his daughters:
- Gala concert “Xcaret in its Music” by lthe Xcaret Symphonic Camerata and Guests in the Open Forum.
- “The Game of Life and Death” by Xcaret Ball Players to the Ball Game Forum.
- “Ixchel and Death” by the Xcaret Dance Company to the Ball Game Forum.
- “Óok’ot Yéetel Kaan: Dancing with the Snake” by the Cía. Xipe Totek in the Open Forum.
Workshops, food and Day of the Dead party
In addition to the artistic presentations, other activities of the Day of the Dead that are definitely not discussed during the face-to-face event of the Festival of Life and Death, such as:
1.- “Pass it on to the 15ses of Mején Pixán!“In the Hacienda Interactiva where we can enjoy storytelling, interactive tours, workshops, games and dynamics for the whole family. These are activities that are highly recommended if attended with children.
2.- Feast Mass of All Saints – presided over by Mons. Pedro Pablo Elizondo Cárdenas and Father Hubert Reigner, accompanied by the Xcaret Singers and the K’ay Group at the Esplanade Forum.
3.- Art exhibitions of paintings, murals, posters, photographs, textiles, among others that are in different parts of the park.
4.- The traditional one display of alterations from the Mayan Zone and the Monumental Altar at the main entrance.
5.- Four craft workshops with the theme of the Day of the Dead in the Mayan People: chocolate, clay, Huichol art and coconut.
6.- The favorite of many, the gastronomic show which will be presented by the three major regions of Quintana Roo: North, Center and South with traditional dishes such as: Black stuffing, Pib, Queen’s arm, dog empanadas, charcoal fish, among others.
7.- A great one artisanal and agro-product exhibition, in which we can adapt products from the region such as embroidery, jipi japa, watermarks, kibis, sauces, honey, among others.
What options should you enjoy the Festival of Life and Death from home?
As I mentioned at the beginning, this year we will also have one Digital Program that can be enjoyed from home through our social networks for all Festival fans who do not have the opportunity to attend our silks.
Then I explain how you will be able to see it and what to expect.
They are going to be transmitted 13 of the main plays, dance and music that we will have in person at Parc Xcaret and capsules especially aimed at children through the official social remains @xcaretpark.
These transmissions will be made on demand on our website and others through our Youtube channel and will be from October 29th to November 6th. Starting November 4, we will release all content on the website festivaldevidaymuerte.com.
- Access to digital content will be free.
Will there be special Day of the Dead activities at Xcaret Hotels?
Yes, the Xcaret Group Hotels will also offer Day of the Dead activities from October 29 to November 2.
In Hotel Xcaret Mexico
If we are staying on these dates, we will be able to enjoy musical artistic presentations, Clown Theater, parades and photo sessions throughout the day in different forums of the hotel, as well as a representative decoration of this Mexican tradition.
All submissions are subject to change.
Some you can’t miss are:
- “Stanley and his journey with joy”, Clown Theater by Mtro. Alberto Stanley in the lobby.
- Photo shoot with “La Catrina” with Erick de Luna in the lobby.
- “El Desfile Alborada” for the Quinto Sol and Xaranga Xyatil Folk Ballet in the Albercas area.
- “La Catrina Soprano con Catrín en Piano” for Karent Cano and Juan Carlos Angulo at the lobby bar.
The Hotel Xcaret México will have an exquisite and innovative culinary experience that will offer a fusion of the traditional part with the contemporary part.
- Gastronomic sample of the Day of the Dead and Quintana Roo in all the restaurants of the Hotel Xcaret Mexico: Trajinera, Teatro del Río, Casa Fuego, El Mercado, Las Cuevas.
- Chefs Gourmet Dinner Carlos Gaytán and Orlando Trejo what to offer Gourmet dishes and fusion cuisine inspired by the Mayan Zone in the Restaurant Há.
- The Dinner “The Banquet of Souls” that is a buffet alluding to the Day of the Dead served in the Restaurant Las Cuevas.
In Hotel Xcaret Arte
For the guests of Hotel Xcaret Arte there will be themed workshops on Day of the Dead, specially designed so that they can prepare an altar to their dead with clay crafts, textiles and painting created by themselves. We will also be able to make their literary skulls in memory of the deceased.
Sub-headquarters for the local community of Playa del Carmen
As is tradition, the Festival of Life and Death will be extended with some of its musical and theatrical performances at some venues in Playa del Carmen.
This will take place on November 3 in the Theater of the City of Playa del Carmen and in the Planetary SAYAAB Totally free, also following the protocols of health and limited capacity that these establishments already have.
Festival of Traditions of Life and Death in communities of the Mayan Zone
As part of the celebrations for the 15th Anniversary of the Festival of Traditions of Life and Death and as a thank you to the communities of the Mayan Zone who have participated in past editions, this year there will be a tour of them with artistic presentations.
In conjunction with the Truperías Foundation, we will bring theater closer to the communities of Quintana Roo as a circle between socialization and art as a transformer of life from 04 to 13 November.
In addition, 10 communities in the Mayan Zone of Quintana Roo will receive at home the presentation of the play “Viene la Muerte Cantando” by the children’s theater company La Trouppe, which has more than 40 years of experience and is characterized by combining artistic expressions of titles and payments in their presentations.
There will also be children’s workshops created by the Truperies Foundation in Latin of “Retablos de Calaveras”.
The ten communities we will reach are:
- José María Morelos
- Chanchén Palmar
Join us aseguir keeping alive the traditions that make us fall in love with Mexico through the Festival of Traditions of Life and Death.
The post What will the Festival of Life and Death be like in 2021? first appeared on Blog Xcaret – Read about travel, gastronomy, nature and culture on Blog Xcaret.