How long is a flight from New York to Cancun?
Direct flights cover the 1558 miles between New York and Cancun in about 4 hours.
Which airlines are flying non-stop between New York and Cancun?
All the following airlines operate direct flights from New York to Cancun:
When is the best time to travel?
The high season is considered March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is January.
You know that departing in the morning is about 27% more expensive than an evening flight, on average *.
Customs at Cancun Airport
For travelers flying to Cancun (CUN), there are four terminals. International flights from North America and Europe typically fly to Terminal 3 (flight operators such as United Airlines, American Airlines, Spirit Airlines), although they may also use Terminal 4 (flight operators such as Southwest, Suncountry, Aeromexico ).
Once you have collected your luggage, go through customs. Here you will see the green and red lights spinning randomly. A green light indicates that you can pass and the red light means that the airport authorities check your luggage quickly. Here you must have all your documents in hand.
Customs officers are tasked with classifying and verifying goods for entering the country from abroad and verifying compliance with value added tax laws, general import and export tax laws, and so on.
The office is responsible for providing quality service to all visitors, regardless of gender, color, nationality, or religion. The search for Mexican customs easily establishes a responsible, efficient and honest service.
- Valid passport
- Visa (for countries that require it)
- General statement (specifying the type of aircraft and registration data, departure, arrival, crew and passengers)
- Immigration format (1 per passenger or crew)
- Each passenger or head of household must present a customs declaration.
- Random checks on passenger luggage will be carried out.
- Customs officers will resend luggage to the entire crew (only if the crew member remains in the country or leaves the FBO terminal).
- Are you looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $ 154 or less one way and $ 291 or less round trip.
- Book at least 1 week before departure for a below average price.
- The high season is considered February, March and April. The cheapest month to fly is January.
- Departure in the morning is about 6% more expensive than an evening flight, on average *.
- If you are looking for a place to relax before your flight to Cancun, there are several airlines that offer lounges at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. These include four United Club locations in Terminals 1 and 2, as well as three Admiral’s Club locations in Terminal 3.
- If someone drops you off before your flight to Cancun at Chicago Midway Airport, they can do so in front of any terminal lobby. When arriving at the airport, just follow the signs for the exit area, which will take you to the upper level road. All terminals are accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- A unique feature of Cancun Airport is that in order to use a taxi service, you must arrange in advance before your arrival. Taxis can be booked online and wheelchair accessible taxis are available if required.
- If you want to rent a car when you arrive in Cancun, you will be glad to know that all the major car rental companies operate in this location. The Cancun Airport car rental center is the largest in the area and is open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Car rental counters are located in the arrivals hall of Terminal 3.
- For nursing mothers, Chicago O’Hare International Airport offers rooms for mothers in each terminal building. All of the mother’s rooms have comfortable seating, electrical outlets, a diaper changer and a sink.
- Just because you travel to the airport doesn’t mean you have to leave your technology behind. Chicago Midway Airport offers free Wi-Fi, as well as several charging stations located in the terminal buildings and many power outlets in the waiting areas.
How to get from Cancun Airport to the city center?
There are three options for this: the ADO bus, which will take you to the city of Cancun, or Playa del Carmen on a budget ($ 13), or a shared or pre-booked bus. private transfer from Cancun Airport directly to your hotel ($ 39). A simple online search will return many companies that offer this service. Finally, you can choose to take a taxi out of customs (between $ 25 and $ 50). We recommend private transportation as the taxi fare tends to increase.
Are there hotels near Cancun International Airport?
There are two hotels nearby, the Comfort Inn Cancun Airport, located just 5 minutes from the airport area and accessible with a free airport shuttle, and the Courtyard by Marriot Cancun Airport, which is also 5-minute drive to free airport shuttle. However, there is a new option, the Hilton Garden Inn Cancun Airport is just steps away from the door of Terminal 2. Reservations are being received for November 2022.
This may interest you: Cheap flights to Cancun, Hotels near Cancun Airport, Flights to Cancun.