There are 9 direct flights a day traveling from Chicago to Cancun, with an average of 69 flights a week. Fortunately, there are several non-stop options to get to this amazing destination. About 18 airlines have flights to Cancun Airport of Chicago. United Airlines, American Airlines and Frontier Airlines offer non-stop service from Chicago O’Hare International Airport, while Southwest Airlines offers non-stop service from Chicago Midway Airport.
The stop options between Chicago and Cancun are quite numerous. Of these many stop options, Charlotte, Dallas and Atlanta are the most popular. If you board a flight with a stopover in Charlotte, you will land at the exclusive Charlotte Douglas International Airport, while if you choose a stopover flight in Atlanta, you will land at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. If you like any of these stopover options and embark on a stopover flight to Dallas, you will land at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. At any of these airports, you will have a good rest, tasty meals and a fun shopping experience, as they all have comfortable lounges, world-class restaurants and well-stocked shops.
Is there good transportation?
Although there are taxi services, we recommend you on arrival at Cancun International Airportit is best to book in advance Private transport.
This will give you many benefits, such as not queuing for the next available taxi or van, having someone waiting for you at Cancun Airport, and most importantly, paying much less than Cancun Airport taxis.
How long does the flight last?
The nonstop flight to Cancun from Chicago is usually 3 h 45 min. The route crosses a distance of 1441 miles.
How to get cheap flights from Chicago to Cancun?
In the last 3 days, Volaris offered the best one way fare for this route, at $ 84. KAYAK users have also found flights to and from Chicago to Cancun on Frontier from $ 178 and Spirit Airlines from $ 191.
If your flight dates are flexible, we recommend that you fly to Cancun on a Monday, as we usually find the cheapest fares for this day for this route. On the other hand, Saturday is the most expensive day to fly from Chicago to Cancun. For the return ticket, we recommend flying on a Friday and avoiding Wednesdays to get the best deals.
Customs at Cancun Airport
Once you have collected your luggage, go through customs. Here you will see the green and red lights spinning randomly. A green light indicates that you can pass and the red light means that the airport authorities check your luggage quickly. Here you must have all your documents in hand.
Customs officers are tasked with classifying and verifying goods for entering the country from abroad and verifying compliance with value added tax laws, general import and export tax laws, and so on.
The office is responsible for providing quality service to all visitors, regardless of gender, color, nationality, or religion. The search for Mexican customs easily establishes a responsible, efficient and honest service.
- Valid passport
- Visa (for countries that require it)
- General statement (specifying the type of aircraft and registration data, departure, arrival, crew and passengers)
- Immigration format (1 per passenger or crew)
- Each passenger or head of household must present a customs declaration.
- Random checks on passenger luggage will be carried out.
- Customs officers will resend luggage to the entire crew (only if the crew member remains in the country or leaves the FBO terminal).
- Are you looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $ 154 or less one way and $ 291 or less round trip.
- Book at least 1 week before departure for a below average price.
- The high season is considered February, March and April. The cheapest month to fly is January.
- Departures in the morning are about 6% more expensive than an evening flight, on average *.
- If you are looking for a place to relax before your flight to Cancun, there are several airlines that offer lounges at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. These include four United Club locations in Terminals 1 and 2, as well as three Admiral’s Club locations in Terminal 3.
- If someone drops you off before your flight to Cancun at Chicago Midway Airport, they can do so in front of any terminal lobby. When you arrive at the airport, just follow the signs for the exit area, which will take you to the upper level road. All terminals are accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- A unique feature of Cancun Airport is that in order to use a taxi service, you must arrange it before your arrival. Taxis can be booked online and wheelchair accessible taxis are available if required.
- If you want to rent a car when you arrive in Cancun, you will be glad to know that all the major car rental companies operate in this location. The Cancun Airport car rental center is the largest in the area and is open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Car rental counters are located in the arrivals hall of Terminal 3.
- For nursing mothers, Chicago O’Hare International Airport offers rooms for mothers in each terminal building. All of the mother’s rooms have comfortable seating, electrical outlets, a diaper changer and a sink.
- Just because you travel to the airport doesn’t mean you have to leave your technology behind. Chicago Midway Airport offers free Wi-Fi, as well as several charging stations located in the terminal buildings and many power outlets in the waiting areas.